Home Mission is all about helping Baptist churches and individuals to reach their mission potential and bring the love of God to their communities.
- Provides grants to over 200 local churches which provisions church planting, renewing of local churches and enabling mission projects. Through Home Mission hundreds of lives have been affected and many have found faith in Jesus.
- Equips Regional Associations, who are engaged in missional development in the area, supporting new initiatives and churches and supporting the on-going work of churches and their ministers and families. We are part of the Eastern Baptist Association. (see below)
- Enables three specialist teams to resource churches in their work through legal, ministries and missional support. In addition, representing the mission of God in national ways such as engaging with Government, speaking out on matters of faith and developing national mission initiatives.
The Mission ACTS process for Local Mission is now completed and the full report may be found here
The BBC Local Mission Charter is available by clicking here
Following the Mission ACTS process for local mission, a team is being set up to address the issues raised and to develop our key ministries working alongside partner organisations. If you would like to be involved in this process then please speak to one of the leadership team
‘The Church is the only society that exists for the benefit of those who are not its members'
William Temple (Archbishop of Canterbury)
Eastern Baptist Association
The Eastern Baptist Association (EBA) has as its members the 176 Baptist Union churches in the counties of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. This covers some 8,000 square miles and ranges from the heavily populated areas of South Essex to the wide open spaces of the North Norfolk coast. The churches vary in their size and style, but all are committed to their communities and the gospel of Christ.
The Association is served by three Regional Ministers and three part-time administrative staff:
- North Sector and Team Leader: Revd Beth Powney
- Central Sector: Revd Graeme Ross
- South Sector: Revd Nick Lear
- EBA Secretary: Mrs Hayley Beckett
If you wish to contact any of them please click here
The EBA vision is “to see the kingdom of God come in the East of England though healthy churches, living as wholesome communities, and engaging in effective mission”.
For further information on Home Mission click here